9.24.2009

love.


[day 11]
last bon fire in homer. goodbye dear friends.


what an incredible day. so many people in my life. so many blessings. I ran errands all day, getting phone calls from several friends.
"I have to say goodbye to you!"
its the end of a long, perfect day. I want to cry from joy. from exhaustion. from craziness.
all summer, I've been so eager to leave. and now its over. believe me, I'm so excited and so ready to be back in Oregon. but I realized that I haven't been as focused on the present like I thought I was. All summer, I have been praying that I would be content here. I thought I was doing a pretty good job. But now that I'm here for only one more day, I realize that this summer was a blur. not just because it was so busy, and it was. but because I have been gazing forward. like this last summer wasn't real, but a dream. foggy.
I made some really incredible friends towards the end of the summer, and I was finally social the last month. I'm going to miss Church On The Rock SO MUCH, and everyone associated. I just think about all the people I have in my life. so many. my heart wants to explode from gratitude. I thank God for each of you. I am SO blessed by each friendship. I dont want to take any of them for granted any longer.
there's no rhyme or reason to this any longer.
but life is good. love is powerful. God is....incredible.

No comments: