9.05.2011

framed.

We finally finished a project that we've been working on for a few months now!

I got this window from my husband's workshop. He installs glass, and sometimes they save old pieces in decent shape. His boss gave this one to me for free! Can't beat that. You can't see it in this image, but it it still has it's old hardware on <3

Sand it down, paint it fresh. I feel like I do this a little too often...



Do you like my drying method?



Next, I had my handy handsome husband cut down the piece that would go in the middle. I made it into a chalkboard! I do love me some chalkboard paint. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of that boring step. Haha.

We found an old memo board in Josh's "mancave" at his parents house, when we were sorting everything for a garage sale. On one side was a white board, and the other was a cork board. They were simply glued together, so we ripped it apart. I cut the cork board down to fit into another piece of the window, and covered it in fabric I bought from wal mart. Again, no pictures. Oh well.



We went to the recycle center in town (love it!) and found so many materials for several projects. Including this - sheet metal. Only, it was in the form of an old air duct. So once again, my husband to the rescue. Nothing some strong hands and tin snips couldn't handle! We covered the sharp edges (careful!) with electrical tape, and then covered the whole thing in the same fabric I used to cover the cork board.

Put it all together aaaand....



Tada! Pretty cute, huh? Of course, it's in the green room. So there you go. The ultimate memo board! Magnet board, chalk board, and cork board, all in one! I love recycling materials <3

No comments: