7.07.2011

crafty.

well, life seems to be getting into a groove again. which I don't mind. I'm still really busy with work, but I guess that's just summer. It feels nice to be back to something normal again.

You've heard me mention stumble upon. I love it. And its been inspiring me to be creative again, even when I'm so busy. Its nice...kind of like therapy.

here's my inspiration for my current project. I painted an old wood frame we found in our shed, left by the previous renters. "Surprising what a lick of paint will do, isn't it?" I'm really excited how it's turning out. I'm going to use it in the store actually, for a quiche board.




Not quite sure what my next project is. I feel like I'm halfway thru several right now. Most of them are for my spare bedroom. It's my favorite room in the house. We call it the green room.


[I think it explains itself....]





I just painted an awesomely hideous lamp that I found - guess where - in the shed. Yep. It, too, is going in the green room. Ooh. Maybe that will be my next project; re-doing the lamp shade. Finding some neat fabric and re-covering the nasty old thing. Now if only I could find some fun fabric with bright green and orange together...












I love finding treasures and fixing them up. Especially when you already own them. Garage sales are my weakness. I can almost always find something that just needs a little TLC!














No comments: