6.29.2011

July 4th

Well, 4th of July is on Monday.
And I am very excited.
Of course, I have to work (really not a big deal.)
In fact, 4th of July is ususally not a big deal to me in general. I always had to work at the restaurant, so I never got to go to the awesome bbq's that were happening. And Homer never had a fireworks show, because it was too light out. Some people would shoot them off from their yard, or from the beach, but it wasn't anything exciting.

2 years ago, before Josh and I were dating, we were "just friends" and kept up on facebook. (Ah yes. Our generation. So real...) Anyways. We got into a light-hearted discussion about 4th of July, and I explained how the holiday went down in Homer. Josh was rather disappointed, for me. haha. "No fireworks? That's what makes the holiday!" So, he took a picture for me that year. Which, I cannot find. I've hunted for it, several times. Sad. So, skip up to this last summer; we were dating, but were apart for 4th of July. Again, sad. But, he sent me this video.



*sigh* I love this man.
And I feel as excited as a child to spend 4th of July with him, snuggled up in the back of the truck.
Anyone who has done long distance understands. All you have is verbal communications.
And dreams.
You talk about life together, and it is SO good when you actually get to spend it together. It is a beautiful thing when you and your loved one get to fulfill a dream together. Even if it is as small as watching the fireworks together for the first time.

No comments: