6.08.2011

today.

today is a video I found while once again...stumbling.
it's my space-out mechanism.

this video is done by a complete stranger to me, but we have done the same thing.
take a photo every day.
his thoughts thru his movie made my heart scream, YES! THIS IS IT! HE KNOWS!
it's such a strange feeling, sharing such a deep passion with someone I've never met.
memories.
life.
remembering.
beauty.
creativity.

oh. I couldn't say it better. it's like he was narrating my heart.


and we'll call this part II of today's blog.

it was our first REAL open day. we had all of our equipment running, and three people.
Justin, Bryan, and myself.
Barista's to the stars! hehe.

It was busy. as busy as a normal day at the other store. our sales were just as high, and we didn't even sell that much whole bean. [it's a big seller in the hood river store, and is a big part of our sales.] so we were pretty darn busy.
we had so much positive feed back, besides an occasional broken-hearted child, due to the fact that we aren't serving ice cream anymore. oh well. they'll live.
I ended up working almost 12 hours today. we got there, bright and early, at 5:30, to finish last minute details. Once again, I was running around like crazy between the kitchen and filling in here and there. it was just a great day. it felt normal, which was so surprising, since we don't know the flow of the whole cafe' set up. it just kind of happened. how wonderful.
anyways, I think I'm getting sick. Josh too. sigh. Itchy throats right now, and a stuffy nose is sure to follow in a few days, I am sure. Can't wait. Trying to stay hydrated, but I know my body. Once I feel the first sign of illness, it's too late.
So here's to hoping my weekend will get me over the worst of my sickness.

No comments: