5.24.2011

chores.

you'd think that they end once you get out of the house, and you don't have your parents telling you what to do. well, wrong. but they become more adult-ish chores.
I'm not talking about mowing the lawn, or doing the dishes, or folding the laundry. that becomes habit, thanks to the awesome parents in your life :] I'm talking about bills. and car maintenance. and work.

I still can't believe everything that's going on. This week, we replaced my windshield, fixed and sold Josh's truck, paid off my hospital bill, and got Villy new shoes. AKA my car new tires. [Yes, I name my vehicles.]
And yesterday was the longest day of the year. No, it wasn't summer solstice. but our day started at 4 AM and ended at 12:30. Someone called Josh at 4, and we didn't recognize the number, so he didn't answer. They called back twice, and, annoyed, he finally answered. It was his mom, at the hospital. [She had forgotten her phone, and was using the hospitals. That's why we didn't recognize the number.] John, Josh's dad, was passing kidney stones, and Janet needed some moral support. She's such a sweet woman, and can't take pain very well, even if she's not experiencing it. So, Josh rushed over to the hospital, and I went back to bed. I had to open at 5:45, so I got about another hour of sleep.
I had a normal shift at the coffeeshop, and afterwards, showed someone a mattress/boxspring set we're trying to sell. [I think they're going to buy it...hooray!] It was one thing after another yesterday, and I never got a nap.
Andy, Josh's brother, and his wife, Victoria, were flying into Portland at 10. Janet was originally going to pick them up, but since she had been up all day as well, she was too tired. We offered to play fetch, and she gratefully accepted. So into Portland we headed.We didn't get home until 12:15. I passed out immediately. Haven't slept that hard in ages.
Let's just say summer is upon us. Life always gets this crazy for me during the sunny months.
All the while, I've got the opening shop across the river at the back of my mind, trying to work out a schedule, and continue to hire people. [Is it just me, or are good workers hard to find?]
And its not slowing down. This week, my friend Calli is coming to visit on Thursday. Friday, I'm taking pictures of a banquet, and Sunday, we're driving to Seattle for a wedding. [Oh yeah, and I need to finish their gift.] And this whole weekend, we're house sitting. Sunday is also the day that we move into the shop across the river, and we plan on being open by Friday.
GOOD GRAVY!!!!!!!!!!!
I refuse to make any more plans for the rest of the summer. Except, I already have a few weddings to shoot. Sheesh.
Alright. Bring it on.

1 comment:

Mum Momma Mummeee said...

just gotta take one minute at a time <3