5.13.2011

provide.

This last month has been tight financially for us. My car needs new tires and a new windshield. I missed a few days of work because I was in so much pain from a cyst, and I needed those hours. I ended up going to the emergency room, and now we have a hospital bill that's more than our rent. Its hard for me to suddenly be strapped for money. I never have been before, due to the fact that I was making amazing money and living at home up until this fall. Welcome to adulthood.

But the other day, I was driving home, and God began to whisper His promises to me.
"I will provide."
And I knew He would.

Logically, I always knew we'd be fine with our bills, but being a girl, I automatically go into panic mode over the smallest thing. But what a wonderful thing, to be at peace, and truly KNOW that our God is the Great Provider. Jehovah Jireh.

And suddenly, so many things began to fall in place. I say "suddenly" with a smile on my face, like it's a surprise that God is actually following thru with His promises.

Let's backtrack, and give a history to what's about to happen.

It was about a month after starting my new job at 10 speed, and my boss asked me, "So, what are you thinking about doing in the long run? Maybe a restaurant?"
"Well, I've thought about that. But it's just too stressful." I hesitated, worried to tell him what I was actually thinking, in case it would be stepping on toes. "I would actually love to run a coffee shop." Surprisingly, he perked up. "Oh really? Because I would love to sponsor that. Start you off, and eventually just be your whole bean provider." Wow. I thought. I've only been working here a month, and you already know you want to be a business partner with me? "That would be amazing! This is years down the road, right?" My boss nodded.

So, fast forward to a month ago. My boss took a phone call and stepped outside. He comes back in a few minutes later, and says, "You wouldn't want to own a coffee shop, would you?"
A huge grin takes over my face. "Uh, yeah!"
Turns out he's been trying to buy a coffee shop for about 2 years. Its across the river in a little town called White Salmon, where everything is done half heartedly. Its just crying for a good coffee shop. Anyways, the owner decided to finally sell to my boss, Bryan. He just needed someone to run it. I wasn't sure if Josh and I could afford to begin to buy into it immediately, so Bryan said I could just be manager to start off. Once we figure out how well the shop is doing, I'll begin to buy the shop back from Bryan. Eventually, I'll be the owner. Oh. And to make it better, it has a full kitchen. We'll do all the baking for the White Salmon shop, and some for the Hood River shop.

HOW GOOD IS GOD?

I love my job. It's better than I could have imagined, and its growing. I never thought I would be more than just a barista when I applied at this little shop. But God knew there was more in line. Ah. I just can't get over it.

It's going to be a crazy start. We plan on opening June 1st. I know I've got some long days ahead of me, but I'm so anxious to see how everything goes.
Here's to a crazy summer!

2 comments:

Michelle Simpson Photos said...

Yep, Blogger had some issues the other day, not just you!

I have been getting the same steady message from God as well! The whole house buying thing has been a bit of stretch to our monthly budget (more utilities, etc) and I have been learning to stop freaking out.

This is so exciting!!

amancay said...

don't think I mentioned it to Justin... but for reals... I'm all over help (like painting or som'n my speed, ya know?) if I can swing it when you all are making the swift shift!