9.22.2008

happy official first day of fall.

It makes sense to me now. But I didn't wake up knowing it was the 'official' first day of fall today. 
It was definitely fall. A crisp breeze and glorious colors made sure to be a bit colder and a bit brighter today. It was sunny, and amazing. 


I happened to have today off, and spent it with some pretty amazing ladies. We got outside and enjoyed the sun. I think its been about a month since we've had some good sun rays. Thats just ridiculous...

"Friends are the most important ingredient in this recipe of life." 



I'm beginning to make my rounds of goodbyes. I hate goodbyes. I'm planning my big going away party; I think I've invited around 60 people. We'll see who shows up. I had a really funny conversation with Drew and Colin today. Colin walked up and heard something about a party I was planning, and asked, "Oh, a surprise party? For who?"
So Drew and I decided to go along with it.
"Yes, I'm planning my own surprise party!!"
"Alright, everybody hide so I can act surprised..."
"Oh my gosh...you shouldn't have!!"
Those boys always have me laughing so hard. I will miss them so.

I met up with the lovely 'bay dweller' for blogging 101 this afternoon. She is so lovely, and as she put it so perfectly today, "It's never hard for the two of us to find things to do together..." We always have so much fun together, just giggling like little girls, making funny faces, trying to talk Italian....its never dull. I believe we are true kindred spirits :) Our walk will forever remain with me. The sun was perfect around 5, making the lighting absolutely amazing. We kept stopping at the same time to take pictures of the same things. I don't think it could have been any better.


"How do you do this??"

Is this Narnia?

Elderberries
[you can look but don't touch]

The ESSENCE of fall

Fireweed 
[one of its many phases]

colors. my favorite part of autumn.

[almost] October sky.

Another glorious day on the Katchemak Bay

My second mother.

I am so very blessed to live here.

Taking our parts in daily admiration.

No comments: