9.20.2008

new beginnings.

people tell me to keep in touch. and i mean to. really, i do. i just suck at it. thats all.

i open accounts in myspace. facebook. yahoo mail. AIM. and try my best. but i mainly stick to one. 

so as i head off to school (Ecola Bible School in Cannon Beach, Oregon), i want to keep everyone updated. i know everyone doesnt have facebook these days, so i thought i might give this a shot. 

plus, it might be a good outlet. who knows. 

so....lets do this!


i am filled with so many emotions right now. mainly getting all sappy and sentimental. which is good, but i know i'm so very ready for a new phase in life. that term is getting very old to me, but it still stands very true. i stayed in homer this last year for a few reasons. 

1. i wasnt ready to leave yet. wasnt ready to get out on my own, away from mom and dad. so, i knew that if i stayed in homer for a year, i would get sick of it, with everyone gone.

2. save money. which i did pretty well. i saved over double of what i needed for school tuition, a camera and laptop. so i'm pretty proud of that :) plus, working so much got me ready for a break. thats such a weird thought to me...school is going to be my break. oh well.

3. examine myself and see what i really want out of life. i learned alot this year. about myself, about other people, about relationships. about limits and goals. it was a good learning year. not necessarily a good year all together, but i'm very thankful for my new found knowledge. i know that photography is more than a phase in my life. i love it, and its such a huge goal of mine, to continue to learn as much as i can about the subject. it helps that it runs in the family :) its so strange talking to the kids from my class. so many have already switched schools or majors. a few are already pregnant or married. ug. i can't even imagine it at this age. i have so much to do in this life, and i want to get quite a bit of it done before i have any more MAJOR distractions.


life is about to change drastically for me. my first big step out of the house. sure, i'm not moving or going to a big time college, but hey. its something. and i can't wait honestly. 

i'm leaving.
mom and dad are leaving.
so much change in such a short amount of time.
i learned this about myself: i am a very routine person...very scheduled. so i'm really hoping i wont short-circuit with all these changes.
please be praying for me. i have so much to learn. this is going to be a stretching year for me. i know it is...i've been praying that God would stretch me. i need it to happen. i need changes. drastically...

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Yes, it's an intense time for you, wow! You're about to step off a cliff, but you're gonna fly, fly, fly!!
I'm so glad you're blogging. You're going to enjoy this avenue to record and share your "new life"!
I'll look forward to reading future posts.
love ya!

tameravee said...

The meaning to keep in touch but not following through.....yeah, you come by that honestly. I'm the same way, and don't really mean to be.
I am looking forward to reading this glimpse into your heart and life.