11.24.2008

leaving.

It's a lovely day in Portland, Oregon. sunny, and colorful. I adore fall. I truly do.
I'm sitting in the airport, waiting for my flight in a half hour. I've flown so much, but this is my first time alone. I was mostly nervous about tickets/security, but it went smoother than normal. Sister and I are flying into Vegas this afternoon, and mom and auntie are picking us up. We'll drive to St. George, Utah tonight for thanksgiving. But for now, I'm just texting, blogging and watching away. I love people watching. Especially putting the pink panther theme song to the rhythm of strangers walks. That will keep anyone entertained for hours...

It was so strange to be sad saying goodbye to my Ecola family this morning. Its only been what...two months here? ...and I'm already calling them family. Crazy how fast people can bond. But at the same time, it was a good feeling, knowing that friendships like these dont just come and go. 

So, my last blog was asking for prayer for confrontation. Well, the confrontation happened, but definitely not like I was expecting. I thought I would have been speaking to a guy here to clear up some "he said she said" nonsense. But instead, I went to the source of the story. I'm not used to girl confrontation, actually. So this was very new to me. But thanks to alot of freaking out before hand and lots and lots of support and prayer from my dorm girls, the conversation went really well. I dont like being mad, especially if there's not point to it. So, it felt good to get it all out. No screaming matches, thankfully. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to talk to the sir involved. I have all week to figure that out. 

I'm really nervous about Thanksgiving. Its going to be great seeing family, but my Grandma and Uncle are in really bad conditions. I'm just trying not to be negative nancy right now. I'm so happy I have somewhere to go for thanksgiving :) there. that helps. I fly back into portland on friday, and then I'm heading to a friends house. He's an R.A. at Ecola, and he always opens his house to students who don't have anywhere to go. Pretty cool. 

Meagan drove me to portland today. I adore Meagan. I believe that we are long lost sisters. Its frightening how much we have in common. We went to coffee on Thursday to a cafe I hadn't been to before. Waves of Grain, with hearty goods and the best foam in town. Chalkboard finished tables, and an abundance of colorful crayola chalk. We ended up talking for 3 hours. We got a bit carried away once we started talking about musicals and choir. I had my laptop, so OF COURSE I had to show her video clips and songs...We want to go caroling before Christmas break! It's going to be great. We have alot of good people wanting to join along as well. 

Little random blip - volleyball is great. I just needed an attitude check. And...I'm getting a killer overhand serve down haha. 

Anyways. Last night, I went to sushi with a few friends. I was in heaven...so distracted by the food I forgot to take pictures until it was all gone! But it was a great time of laughter. I went with people I haven't really hung out with before. I love that there's always more people to meet. Always something to learn about those we have met. 

Well, I believe that's all for now. Its definitely been a stressful, busy week. But life is good. Joy is abundant. Love remains.




[oh sushi. my love. i had two whole rolls all to myself.]

2 comments:

Michelle Simpson Photos said...

Have a good Thanksgiving!! Have you made Christmas plans yet?

Lynne said...

sushi?! yummers...
maximize the good things about this week & let the rest go.
it will be a quick few days.
be in the moment & remain thankful.
take care of your sis.
she needs you!!

hugs to everyone............