11.14.2008

much missed.

this last week was kinda rough on me.
Sunday and Tuesday were really bad days, and I really dont like to write out my anger on days like that. So, I'l try to re-cap now, after I've had a few days to brew over my thoughts, have friends pray for me, and get into a better mood :)

[I woke up this morning with a stye beginning to surface on my right eye. Glasses and no makeup for the next few days for me!! it hurts!!!!]

Little blips of drama were beginning to pop up on the radar...but I think they are under control for now. 
Volleyball is fun again...I think i just needed a good "attitude adjustment" as my Dad used to say when I was little :) 

Yesterday was good. Terribly rainy, and the roads were closed, but I was in a much better mood than the previous day. I really dont like being upset, and I know how obvious it is. I hate that. But I cant hide it. I had a few friends pray with me, and encourage me. People are so amazing here. I cant get over it. 
So... I was exhausted all day yesterday, and I planned on sleeping all afternoon. But that didn't happen. Instead, we played volleyball for a bit, and then i played 4 games of pool with some really fun (and good pool players) guys. dinner, and then 2 hours of some great games of volleyball. we had enough for 4 teams....the most people we've had so far. Then an hour of basketball. I came back to my room and showered, and headed up to the lounge with Hilary to watch Kung Fu Panda, but it was already half over. There were a few people playing volleyball again, so I went back to do that instead. We had a great gang of 4 on 4, and then more people joined. So, for a good 5 hours yesterday, I was being active instead of sleeping. 
It sure caught up with me today. I kept falling asleep in class this morning, and I felt terrible. So, I took a 3 hour nap after lunch. [and because of that, I'm sure I'll be up all night. sighs.] Today was sunny! But so cold. Its definitely fall, but I love that. I was able to pay attention in class tonight (really good speakers this week :) which is always a good thing. Tonight was our first meeting for book studies. We have the Anchorage dorm girls meetings in Molly's room (our R.A.) and it was exciting seeing who was in the small group. We have about 10 girls, and its so neat getting to know everyone on a deeper level. We're reading Lies Women Believe, and I can tell this is going to get deep and painful fast. But its needed. Molly challenged us with the question, "What has you in bondage?" I spoke up and said something like this.
"Personally, I dont know yet. I know I have alot in my life that is wrong and that needs to be fixed by God, but I'm such a busy person. I'm always on the go, and I never slow down to examine my life. I think I'm scared to do that, and scared what will be revealed to me. So thats what this year is for....to slow down and listen and examine."
There was something so liberating about saying that out loud. Like it hit me hard. SLOW DOWN, LAUREL. 
After our small groups, we went to the coach house for bagels! and smoothies. It was neat getting to talk to katie and molly plowman (not our r.a. to clarify :) theyre such sweet girls, and I'm definitely going to hang out with them more. Molly is crazy. It was freezing tonight because of the full moon and clear skies, but she wanted to go for a walk on the beach. We always tease her about "BEACH LOGS KILL!!!" (orientation week was all about that getting hammered into our heads. a very comical week indeed.) So a group of five of us went walking, and it was so neat seeing how rapid the beach changes after a storm. It was alot warmer than I was expecting...clouded over. 
Mom and Dad are flying out tonight to head to Utah. I miss them so much. Lynne and a few others held a goodbye party for them, and that made me so happy. They definitely needed it. I love and miss you homer people so much. I'm just now beginning to get homesick, and its all your fault, Lynne!! Your pictures did it for me :( I wish mom and dad could have stopped and driven to Cannon beach, but that would have been really out of their way. I'll see them in like 10 days!!!  Thanksgiving...
So I guess that catches up on this week :) 
Saturday a group is going into Portland, and we're getting dropped off at the largest book store in the U.S. 
Powells, I think its called? Yes? anyways. I'm pretty thrilled about that.

2 comments:

Michelle Simpson Photos said...

Oooh, I've heard of Powell's!! I'm jealous!

Lynne said...

Oh, Laurel....a good post. Lots going on, mostly all good.
Sorry to make you homesick by the pics! Well, it's actually all YOUR fault, because of you I got a new camera, and so, ya know how it goes! I'm loving the advantage of a camera with more options, and will think of you often when I'm out shooting photos. Today, the weather was perfect for some obsessive photography. (see my blog)
I'm so glad you and the family can all be together for Thanksgiving!! What a perfect holiday for a reunion. I love you all!
Oh,oh..POWELLS!! That is one of my favorite places on earth, girl!! You are going to flip out. Be sure and grab an in-store map,(easy to get lost) Hugie-munga!
Enjoy your weekend, and kick the guy's behinds in volleyball and pool. (it's good for their egos...)
♥lynne