10.19.2008

Catching up, part two

i think its going to be pretty impossible to blog every day, sadly. theres SO much going on, and then there's the iffy internet from my room. so i think that sundays will the the day that i take a day to find quiet time and catch up on the previous week. 
okay. so, finally, after wandering around for a few hours, i met one of my roommates. her name is Jinah (pronounced Jennah) and she's 25, and a very sweet girl. She was adopted from Korea when she was 4. I got to meet her mom, and had a bit of relief as I watched them carry in many many totes. I was so worried packing, scared that girls would assume I'm a materialistic girl since I was bringing so much. But honestly, I was less than 2 of my 3 roommates. Mom was right (as always)..."girls are going to be driving their cars completely packed full to school." So, it was a few hours before I met the two other girls. Stephanie, from Minnesota, and Hilary from Washington (pretty much raised in the Philippines with her missionary parents.) Steph reminds me so much of my friend Sam. Doesnt help that their names are similar, so I keep calling her Sam. And Hilary knows the Weissers! Small world. She went to Faith Acadamy in Manilla, and was on the swim team with a few of them. So we find that funny :)

1 comment:

Michelle Simpson Photos said...

That is so cool about the Weissers! They all sound nice :)