10.09.2008

goodbyes.

Whew! What a day!
Got the packages sent off (turned out to be 6 parcels, and 2 flat rate boxes...dang.)
Ran errands with Mom in town today. Dropped off my form for an absentee ballot, picked up all the food for the party, and got to see so many people! I said goodbye to about 4 different people that I wasn't expecting to see. My friend Katie from Georgia called me this afternoon, as well. It was really great talking to her...for about an hour! It was definitely a day filled with little blessings. 
AND BIG ONES! The party was such a blast! It started out slow. We could hear the crickets chirping until about 8:15, when the first guests showed up. I think the house was fullest at 9:00. I never did get a head count, but I'm pretty sure over 50 people came through tonight. It was so good to see everyone one last time. I got a few gifts. Some sweet, some verrrrry silly. I think my favorites were the ridiculous glasses/boa that mrs. 'baydweller' got for me. They were such a riot! I think I'll wear them my first day of class :) And then Hope brought me the "Happy Journal" that I started about a year ago in the old Armageddon cafe. It began with this huge book called 14,000 things to be happy about. But, there were some really random farm themed ones that didn't really make any of us happy. So, I decided to make one! People could go through and make some up, or find their favorite from the book. It turned out to be quite a hit. Hope has had it since February, when they moved the cafe. (She was scared it was going to get thrown away.) I was so touched to have it given back to me, as silly as that sounds. I will definitely continue to write happy moments in.
I know its going to be crazy tomorrow; last minute packing! My favorite.I found a duffle bag at Salvation Army today...I love good finds. AND...the last details for a silly goodbye costume party tomorrow night. YAR!! Grab ye swords, mateys!! 
So time for the random story of the day! 
I was in Safeway picking up a veggie platter, and Sir Crack Head (who bought Lafawnduh) walked up to me as I was in line. "Fantastic. I get to talk to him about something besides the car...Oye." 
"So they tell me that there's a goodbye party for you tonight!"
Shocked, I answer flatly. "Uh...yeah. They sure are..?"
So he walks off, and I begin to wonder how on EARTH he knew about my party! Kinda creeped me out. But before I could even think of a possibility, he walked back up to me!
"How many different colors was your car called?"
Before I could even throw out a number, he interrupted me...the man just can't shut up for two seconds.
"...because I've already gotten about 5 different ones! Mauve, pink, purple, fuschia, burgendy..."
I am unamused. "Of course you're going to get crap about driving a PINK car. You're a guy. In a pink car. Do the math, if you can..."  
But, of course, my answer was more along the lines of..."Oh yes. You'll get even more. Believe me...she screams for attention."
"I had a guy walk up to me with a razor, offering to take the flower sticker off of the window. And I told him, 'you are not deflowering her!'"
I did find that kind of funny. Somewhat inappropriate, but in his head, he thinks that all teenagers talk like that. Whatever.
"Oh good. I'm glad. Have fun with the car."
I walked away, knowing that I would not miss these random awkward conversations with this man.

Anyways, I feel so very loved at this time in my life. I have so many good people in my life, and I will miss them all dearly. But I am even more excited to meet more amazing people. And to change my life. Its time for a change. 


PICTURES TO COME VERY VERY SOON!
 

1 comment:

Lynne said...

'twas great fun last night...
now you are doing your last packing, and most probably getting a bit soppy and sentimental. (but that's totally ok)
Travel safe, dear friend, you and your mama!!
hugs to you............
xxox
~hoch♥