10.03.2008

scarves.

They're no longer just an accessory. They are now a necessity!
First snow today. I couldn't believe it. Mom and I ran to the window to make sure we weren't mistaking heavy rain. We began yelling in disbelief, and denial. I laugh now thinking of how we looked. It truly would have been a sight to see. The two of us, still in our pj's, throwing temper-tantrums much too appropriate for three year olds.
"Thats it," she said. "I'm calling moving men, and we're getting out of here TODAY!"
Of course, it didn't stick for more than five minutes, but still. Its only October 3rd. Good Lord.



[ready and geared up for winter!]


Supposedly, its going to be one of the 'best' winters (this is coming from snowboarding addicts, which means TONS of snow). I must admit...I am torn. Part of me is happy I won't be here this winter, and instead off having different adventures. The other part of me wants to be here to enjoy some of the snow. I love snow machining. And snowboarding. Just not for seven months of the year. Last winter, I bought a snowboard and got to use it a grand total of ONE TIME. So, thats another reason why I would like to be here...get some use out of my 'new' board.


My week is being filled with last minute errands.

-picking up a form for an absentee ballot.
-retrieve lended out books, sweatshirts, and 'the office' series.
-picking up my last paycheck, saying goodbye to the crew, and getting my amazing letter of recommendation.
-going to salvation army looking for a duffle bag with Livi. [but instead, Livi got distracted by the shoes and got an amazing find - a killer pair of boots. lucky. I didn't have such great luck with the duffle bag.]

Tonight was my last swing dancing session. I'm so glad I got to do that. Seems like my last week is being filled with so much goodness, so many little blessings. This week will forever stick out in my mind. I'm such a sentimental sappy person, its ridiculous. But this is my home, and I am leaving it behind. Its such a big first step to me. I think I have the right to be that sappy, emotional, sentimental romantic that I truly am.


[yes...yes. that is snow.]



[this was an incredible sunset, but i missed it by a few seconds. sad.]



[October sky.]

No comments: