10.30.2008

daughter of the king.

short and sweet, but here's the paper about purpose.



From our youth, we are pressured to make something of ourselves. If you can dream it, you can do it; find the best paying job, the most handsome spouse. Life is so fast paced here in America, and its so easy to get caught up in this mindset. 


In these last few months, God has been revealing to me that I am too caught up in a fast pace. I need to slow down and do something that scares me - listen. What will I hear? Condemnation or admiration?  our god is a god of love, of conviction and not condemnation. 


"Listen, O daughter, consider and give ear. Forget your people and your fathers house. The kind is enthralled by your beauty. honor him for he is your lord." (Psalm 45:10)


What defines us? Our past, our future? What about resting in the knowledge of being a child of the lord most high? Who am I to argue with such love? Forget your people and your fathers house - leave them behind and focus on God, our true Father. 


My purpose is to find who I am as a daughter of the King. 


I am loved - cherished - adored, and my duty is to be open to his plans. Not knowing my future used to scare me, too. But i now see that worrying about the it is pointless, because plans change daily.


For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Who am I? 

I am Laurel, a daughter of the Lord most high. and my life is in his hands.


3 comments:

Lynne said...

so beautifully put!

Michelle Simpson Photos said...

Looks good to me!

Teresa Lee said...

You are such a ministry to my heart as you share your heart.....