10.23.2008

glorious.

today was picture perfect. a little TOO picture perfect, in fact.
it was sunny - like its been all week - and SO very warm. we had alot of reading assigned to us today, and i needed to start a paper as well.
i went to the beach with my new friend Kaja and attempted to settle in to read. Just as we began to do that, a few of our friends from Ecola came down with their skim boards. I hadn't seen skim boarding yet, tho i had heard of it, so I decided to take pictures and see it in action. I really wanted to try it, but I was in some white shorts....bad idea to get THOSE wet! I took about 300 pictures since it was on continuous setting, but it was so glorious i didnt want to stop!
anyways, I felt really bad wasting an hour instead of reading. But it kept happening all day. I kept getting side tracked... mom called me, dinner time, and AMAZING sunset, bonfire (which I passed up actually...) and volleyball. It was a great day, but I didn't get any homework done haha.
oh well. i dont regret it.

[mmmm. fall.]



[i love pelicans. theyre my favorite bird, i do believe.]



[alright...time to study!]



[SO MUCH READING!]



[so loud, yet so peaceful.]



[surreal.]



[skimboarding is much too big of a distraction. no studying accomplished today!]
[Sam]



[Jeremiah]



[Nate]



[scoping the next set of waves]



[another way to skim board. maybe I'll try this tactic!]



[Jeremiah likes to pretend he's a model. alot.]



[Doug loves cheesy surfer poses. I love posers. Its a perfect match!]



[surfs up! wait...that doesnt work...]



[take a breather, guys...its tough work looking good! haha]



[Nate skimming, and Kyle photographing.]



[I love everything thats going on in this picture.]



[okay. time to try studying again.]



[one of the best sunsets I've seen in a long time.]


5 comments:

pendogg said...

those are some wonderful pictures!! what kind of camera did you use?

Michelle Simpson Photos said...

Oooh, Laurel, all of those are awesome pictures!! Homework's overrated anyway :)

.abundant.in.ambitions. said...

i use a canon S5IS. its my baby :)

Anonymous said...

love your pix, la la!
and it sure looks like LOTS of studying is going on. hee hee... i wish i had had that much fun in school! you enjoy yourself and have a blast!

love you, cousin!

AmyKate said...

I love your pictures!!! they are so beautiful. The Oregon coast is just breathtaking, plus your photography is amazing!